SPART is an open-source modeling and control toolkit for mobile-base robotic multibody systems with kinematic tree topologies (i.e., open-loop multi-branched systems). SPART is MATLAB-based and ROS-compatible, allowing to prototype in simulation and deploy to hardware controllers for robotic systems.
Given a URDF description of a multibody system, SPART computes the system’s:
- Kinematics – pose of the links and joints (i.e., rotation matrices and position vectors).
- Differential kinematics – operational space velocities and accelerations, as well as the geometric Jacobians and their time derivatives.
- Dynamics – generalized inertia and convective inertia matrices.
- Forward/Inverse dynamics – solves both problems, including the floating-base case.
SPART supports symbolic computation and analytic expressions for all kinematic and dynamic quantities can be obtained.
- Installing SPART
- SPART Tutorial – Introduction
- SPART Tutorial – Robot Model
- SPART Tutorial – Kinematics
- SPART Tutorial – Dynamics
- Function Reference
- Examples of URDF Models
- Citing SPART
- Getting in touch